Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS

Approval to implement the emergency conservation program (ECP)

September 22, 2013
Reinbeck Courier

Grundy County farmers who experienced extreme damage to their land from severe weather events can file applications with the Grundy County Farm Service Agency (FSA) Office to receive cost share assistance for repairs. This is done by signing the required application, identifying the damaged land on an aerial photograph, and completing a fact sheet. Sign up started on September 5th and ends November 4th.

Producers with damaged land will need to sign the required forms and have the land inspected prior to starting any work to repair the damage, which will include technical assistance to determine what is needed to rehabilitate the cropland. Producers not completing the required forms and whose damage was not inspected prior to starting the repairs could be ineligible and cost share could be denied.

The Farm Service Agency (FSA) may provide cost share assistance to agricultural producers when it is too costly to rehabilitate the lands without Federal assistance. If eligible, ECP program participants could receive cost-share assistance of 75 percent of the cost to implement approved emergency conservation practices.

Conservation problems existing prior to the applicable disaster are ineligible for ECP assistance.

Producers are encouraged to contact the Grundy County FSA office at 805 W. 4th St. or 319-824-5416 for more information or on line at



I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web